Book Groups off the Sofa – 2 hours
An informed stroll through the parts of Cambridge associated with:
- scenarios in novels;
- spots of drama;
- shadows of poems…
Cambridge has inspired so much:
- See where Joanne Harris or Allison Pearson must have bicycled with their books;
- Linger on a bridge where Susan Hill – or AS Byatt – might have pondered a plot;
- Terrified by Thrillers? –
- PD James,
- Suzanna Gregory,
- Jill Paton Walsh;
- Stand beneath an archway featured in Jane Gardam’s writings ;
- Gaze at the gardens germane to Patricia Fara’s ‘Sex, Botany and Empire’;
- Admire the Bloomsbury set.
At the end of the tour, we’ll direct you for a tea or tipple, as you wish!