Children’s Literature [1 hour+]
~but ok for Grown-ups; OU and U3A students. Real children [7+] should bring a tame adult.
We’ll look at – and – link – famous children’s authors to features around Cambridge. History heartening rather than horrible may feature authors from early periods of children’s writing right up to the present moment:-
- Are buildings older than children’s books?
- What’s the connection between Trinity College and a famous teddy-bear?
- Is ‘The Minnow on the Say’ really a fish?
- And what do the fish think? –
- Or The Waterbabies?
- Did the Iron Man leave anything here?
- And what Became of the Whale?
- Or the Elephant’s Child?
- Where can you find the Writer’s writing?
- Or even the writers, writing…
- And where was one of the first computer games ever played?
- We’ll l walk through a college, if possible.
If you wish, we’ll extend this one-hour tour.