Magic and Motivation
For Primary Schools– one hour, interactive, theatre-in-the-round sessions. We tell stories to support Primary Modern Foreign Language development. Children learn and practice their French and Spanish whilst participating in a folk story. Each session offers scope for cross-curricular preparation and development. Choose from:
- Puss In Boots: The Classic Tale with a French Twist…
- Half-Chick High-Jinks: Spanish surprises for a Chick with Altitude?
- For TEFL sessions – one-hour, participative performances of regional folk stories from close-to-original sources but providing Vocabulary and Grammar support and visual clues for Idiom. Opportunities to Speak and Listen appropriately – as well as enjoying a level of entertainment as added-value language-enrichment. Beginner to Upper Intermediate/Advanced.
- For Children and Adults with Disabilities – traditional folk-stories from across Britain which encourage enjoyment, participation and artefact-handling. Music, mime and dance potential as part of a total-communication strategy. Can be presented with some Makaton.
Storyteller Angela Brown draws on a huge range of British, European and World folk stories – as well as myths and faith stories. Recent work:
- Greek Myths for BBC Starwatch initiative at Flag Fen
- International Summer School language-enrichment for TEFL students with interactive East Anglian folk-tales
- ‘Unpacking Easter’activities for:
- A Fen-Edge parish church;
- Cathedral schools-days;
- Miracle and Parable tales.
- Harvest tales at an English Heritage site.
- World War Two Heritage Site re-enactments and role-plays.