‘Who Wrote Here?’ [1 ½ – 2hrs, or as requested]
A tour for English-speaking and International students. Syllabuses and courses usually include writers from Cambridge. We’ll show you local features which should have interested:
- Novelists such as EM Forster and Thomas Hardy;
- Poets e.g. TS Eliot and Ted Hughes;
- Playwrights for instance Marlowe and Peter Shaeffer;
- Diarists like Pepys.
What’s more, we’ll:
- Drop some ‘names’ from Film and Television;
- Mention our favourite author, the son of a former Archbishop of Canterbury, as we like Granchester;
- Check out the real locations for a few movies;
- Open new possibilities for reading as we touch on genres such as:
- Science Fiction;
- Comedy; and
- Social Comment.
- All the way to My Beautiful Laundrette…
Where possible, our tours will be led by trained and experienced teachers of English or TEFL.